PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal and Practice Leader, U.S. Advocacy, Ryan, Dallas office
- Responsible for leading the Advocacy practice to represent the interests of Ryan and its clients at all levels of government and developing and executing strategies that align with business priorities.
- Specializes in establishing positive working relationships with federal, state, and local government officials and their constituencies and leading and managing a nationwide team of service delivery advocates, attorneys, and internal and third-party lobbyists.
- Regional Vice President, global communications company (1991–2015)
- Held a variety of leadership positions, including External Affairs, Customer Service, Strategic Planning, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Advertising for the country’s premier communications, mobile, and entertainment company.
- Served as the point of contact into the community for local government affairs and outreach.
- Worked at local and state level to promote the company’s interests, including lobbying to meet requirements for entering the long-distance business, deploying fiber optics, tax issues, and more.
- Managing Director, Texas Bullet Train, railroad company (2015–2020)
- Responsible for all media, social media, branding, outreach, opposition research, public policy, and government affairs for the nation’s first high-speed bullet train connecting North Texas and Houston, which is being privately developed.
- Developed strategic plan and executed public relations activities across multiple audiences at the local, state, national, and international level.
PUBLIC PRESENTATIONSMs. Reed served as spokesperson for a $20 billion project, giving hundreds of speeches to a diverse set of organizations and crowd sizes, including on the international stage. Additionally, she served as the point of contact for a global communications company into the community for state and local government affairs and outreach. Ms. Reed wrote speeches and regularly served as spokesperson regarding wireless, internet, entertainment, and construction issues.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONSAs a result of her passion to give back and make communities better, Ms. Reed has extensive experience serving on numerous community and non-profit boards.
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Management, Texas A&M University